Open Invoice Report

Options
PSames
PSames ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Looking for a way to generate a report of open invoices per customer.  I tried creating a sheet with customer as parent and invoices a child rows but this does not work for reporting.  Ideally I would like to have all customers and their invoices on one sheet instead of doing individual sheets for each customer.  Would like to include the report on the customer dashboard.  Any suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

It sounds like that could work.

Would you like to share the information with the customer on the dashboard?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Patty,

I've added the answer for others to see below.

Here's my recommendation/solution.

I would either use different sheets for each client because that would make it easier to set up the template and everything or I would have everything on one sheet and divided by Parent/Children. I would also change and place the totals in the parent row and add a formula that would take the Parent Row Dealer name and automatically add it to the child rows of that Dealer.

For the Open Dealer Invoices Report, change the What? criteria to and Paid is checked.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting​

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.