Counting dates within a time frame

Mitch@Enmach
Mitch@Enmach ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Community,

Does anyone know of a formula that could allow me to count the dates in a column that are older than 4 days?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mitch,

Try something like this.

=COUNTIF(Dates:Dates; <TODAY(-4))

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=COUNTIF(Dates:Dates, <TODAY(-4))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you very much Andree, 

The formula works very well it would be impossible to work these things out without you guys.

I do have another query for you. Do you know is it still no possible to use a formula such as  =IF([Kanban Opened]8 = "true", TODAY(), "") to modify a cell when a tick box is checked with today's date but for the date to stay there and not change each day it is saved.

Thanks in advance 

Mitch

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Unfortunately, the TODAY function will always update to the current date (Today's date) so if you want it to stay fixed you have to use a third-party solution like Zapier or similar or the Smartsheet API.

Is that an option?

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.