Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

looking for a chain of custody or asset tracking template

Options
William Vargo
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We are looking at creating a chain of custody document to track assets that get transferrred to other people.  Are there templates out there or does anyone use this?

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

William, no templates that I have seen, but it wouldnt be a big job to look at the way some of the Smartsheet Templates handle assets for good ideas, then document exacly what data YOU need to collect in YOUR version, then build your own. 

Consider how the workflow will be triggered for moving assets from one to another, who are the Inputters of Data, Consumers of Data (Viewers via Reports) and who managers it? You? 

If you need help, our company can assist you, but hope that methodology helps? 

Regards

RichardR 

Smarterbiz

• Alex Tejada
    edited 01/10/17
    Options

William, 

Were you able to find a chain of custody sheet or develop one on smartsheets?  I am currently trying to find something applicable and was considering using a something integrated into the inventory tracking sheet.

Thoughts?

Alex

• LJ Mercedes
    Options

Any updates on this? I am in the process of building out a work order system and inventory/asset tracking system as well. I am looking at appsheet (found that in the smartsheet community comments). I use Zapier and I found BarCloud on there. Still in research phase. 

• jmahern
    Options

Did you find such a template? I am trying to do this as well and can't seem to find a way to have someone fill out a form but have other info related to a certain asset fill in once they do that and also have a list from users to choose from and then fill out form to check them in and out

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't solved this, we at SBP are currently building a requirements list for a packaged solution that may address some or all of these needs.

Please contact me at craig.williams@smarterbusinessprocesses.com or Richard at richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com to discuss your needs.

Craig

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Options

We now have a working prototype for this and happy to Demo/ Review it with anyone who needs such a system? 

As Craig has said, we have created a number of Pre Packaged solutions that address common Smartsheet User needs (and the odd frustration).

As we all know, making things simple at the User level, often requires great skill in the back end, but the effort is always worth it when the Users see the benefits. 

To address these needs we are using Smartsheet with, whichever combination of spreadsheet is preferred, Excel or Google to create Conditional logic type solutions. Appsheet is the integration tool. This is extending what we can get from Smartsheet with some great new functionality and we have done the design work, so users can add their own data sources and they are good to go. 

If anyone wishes to know more, let Craig or myself know? 

Regards

RichardR  

• jmahern
    Options

I would love Demo/Review/Use it as long as there is no cost associated. Can you let me know how I might do that?

Thanks!

Jennifer Mahern jmahern@employindy.org

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Options

Happy to do this as a free consultancy offer Jennifer. There will be no cost to you unless you like what you see and would like to implement it, even then the costs are very sensible. 

I will email you to arrange a Video / Screenshare conference. 

here is a link to our web page 

http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/enterprise-asset-tracking/

Regards

RichardR 

Smarter Business Processes 

This discussion has been closed.