View Sent Alerts and Reminders in Activity History

Neisha Fredericks
Neisha Fredericks ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Brilliant Folks,

I have an alert set-up that was working but suddenly stopped. I reached out to Smartsheet with two questions:

1. Is it possible to view the history of sent alerts?
  2. Why would an alert just stop working when nothing has changed in set-up, column names, etc.?

I was provided this a response:

Our Activity Log allows you to see all the transaction history associated to a cell or row, including if that information was sent in an alert and who it was sent to. Accessing the Activity Log and then clicking on the sideways triangle to the left of the row will expand that area and provide information such as who changed the cell, what triggered the alert, who the alert was sent to, (automation@smartsheet.com) and then, who received the alert  and any action they took. 

If it's the case that the alerts in question did not send, I would offer that in my experience, it was helpful to review how I have the alert set up and then make sure that any fields required by the alert settings are matching in the sheet.  So if an alert asks for a row to send under the condition a certain field is populated or blank that the sheet is meeting the criteria to trigger the alert. 

I tried and am unable to see the alert history and I don't know how to filter for that. I can see changes, etc. The support desk sent me help articles, but none of those address my query, only what I already knew about how alerts.

Has anyone had any success with this? I was told also in the response to reach out to the community, so hopefully you wise ones have the answer. 

Thank you in advance,

Neisha

Comments