Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Are there limitations on CheckBox columns?

Ed Perkins
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I imported an XLS file that has 4 columns that I want to convert to checkboxs.  When I change the properites on all 4 columns to checkbox, the columns act as if they are text.  If I change any of the 4 columns to text, the other 3 will show a checkbox in them.  Is there some kind of limitation on the number of checkbox columns a smartsheet can have?

I deleted all the data after the import to get an emtpy worksheet.

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Ed, I have never experience what you describe and have built msny sheet with more than 4 Check box columns, so I suggest you look carefully for some carry over from Excel data that you may have missed when you cleaned it up? Even a full stop will change a check box cell, or even an invisible full stop (white on white). 

Any other suggestions? 

RichardR

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/22/16

Ed,

If there is anything beside a 1 or 0 in the cell you imported, it may display something beside a check box (empty or checked)

Craig

• Richard & Craig,

Sorry to take so long getting back to this.  Other priorities.

I have highlighted the 4 columns in question, used the clear formats button and the delete key to remove the data.  I highlighted the columns and made sure the font color was black and the background color was automatic.  I don't anything that might be leftover from the import

I still get the same response to the checkbox columns.  I might just have to recreate it from scratch.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ed,

If you can share the sheet with me, I will take a look.

jcwill23@gmail.com

Craig

This discussion has been closed.