Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement request

Heidi Decker
Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Would like to be able to select more than one fields data to show with the gantt line and on the calendar. This would solve a huge problem we are having right now with being able to see who is working on what.

The shop guys only see the calendar view to tell them what jobs are scheduled and on what piece of equipment. With the way the calendar is, they don't know WHO is working on what. I've tried working it through reports and a master calendar but am only getting very frustrated.

I'm already using conditional formating to indicate what equipment is assigned to that job. I have people assigned but no one can see that on that calendar.

Another great enhancement would be to allow more than 1 resource assigned to a job.

Thanks,

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Heidi! Any column can be selected as the display label in Gantt charts. If you want to display data from multiple columns, just concatenate the text from two columns into a third Text/Number column. Like this:

=Cell1 + Column1

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, I knew there had to be a way. Thank you very much. I can see it on the gantt but how come it doesn't also show on the calendar if thats the field I have selected for that view?

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Travis,

I think I answered my own question regarding the calendar. It's too bad we can't make the same thing show on the calendar as on the gantt.

I'm learning so much, THANK YOU!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

You are welcome! 

As you may have noticed, the Calendar labels are taken from the Primary column. If you want concatenated text in the Calendar AND Gantt, add the formula to your Primary column, then select that column as your Gantt display label. 

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much Travis. You are so smart! Having this information has opened up many many doors for us here. I can see the flexibility when using formulas.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.