Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet App for Outlook desktop installation

Options
Jason Drew
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there an installation available for the Smartsheet App for Outlook 2013 desktop?

Basically looking for an .exe or .msi that can be used to install the add-in for Outlook. The installation from the Microsoft App Store doesn't work for my account.

I have a corporate Office 365 account and my email address matches the one I'm using for Smartsheet but I get this error when attempting to add the app (note, I modified the email address on the "mailbox couldn't be found..." so I'm posting my email publicly:

:-(
Something went wrong
A mailbox couldn't be found for jason.drew@domainxyz.com
X-ClientId: A7D1B0C3391F493D9E5B53A0CD6979A1
X-OWA-Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.UserHasNoMailboxException
X-OWA-Version: 15.1.477.12
X-FEServer: BLUPR13CA0056
X-BEServer: SN2PR04MB2176
Date: 4/27/2016 1:44:16 PM

Comments

• Scott Willeke
    Options

The Smartsheet App for Outlook works with all versions of Outlook that allow apps for Office: Outlook Web App, Outlook 2013, and later versions of Outlook including Office 2016.

However, it does require that you're using Office 365-hosted email. If you're using Office 365 login, but not Office 365 email, then it won't work. Is that possibly your scenario?

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 

• Jason Drew
    Options

Correct, I'm using an Office 365 login but I don't believe we're using Office 365 hosted mail just yet. That might explain why it's not finding my inbox. I have tried using other add-ins in the past from the Microsoft App Store and all of those have failed with a similar error.

• Scott Willeke
    Options

Thank you for confirming Drew. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution or workaround for this problem at this time. The limitation is on our radar, but the solution isn't trivial and I do not have a timeframe for a resolution at this time.

If others encounter this same issue, please reply and let me know!

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet
    Sr. Product Manager, Strategic Integrations 

• Rick Stockton
    Options

HI!

As far as I know, I have all that, but still have no desktop installation. 

• Office 365 E3 acccount

• Running off of an Exchange server

• https://portal.office.com/Home login

• Outlook 365 2013

Feel like I am bumping my head against a wall on this one (and runnign out of time, too).

Any ideas?

Rick

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 07/05/16
    Options

Hi Rick-- I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. It's not possible to download the Smartsheet for Outlook add-in as a desktop application or shortcut, as it's an add-in that exists within Outlook. Have you connected to Smartsheet within Outlook and are you seeing the first screen pictured in this article?: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1960482-smartsheet-app-for-outlook. If so, then the installation of the add-in was successful. If not, please reach out to Support@Smartsheet.com for more troubleshooting!

This discussion has been closed.