Automated Update Requests

RobinC
RobinC ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We are moving from manual to to automated update request but it appears that the locked field functionality isn't working.   When we send manually the fields are locked.  In the automated request the locked fields are editable. 

Thanks ! 

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Robin,

It depends on what permissions you have for the user in Smartsheet. If they have access to change it in Smartsheet, then they can change it in the form.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• HiHi,

I am setting an Update request under Automation. Is it possible to set certain fields as view only and certain fields editable for recipients?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dana Chua

Hope you are fine, no you can't set certain fields as view only and certain fields editable for recipients.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RobinC

Hope you are fine, check if the user you sent the update request to him has admin permission on the original sheet.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dana Chua

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible.

You can lock the columns that shouldn't be editable, and as long as you're not sending the request to an Admin or Owner, it will work.

More info.

How locked rows and columns appear

• Locked rows will be sent in an update request if the recipient has Editor-level sharing permissions or lower, but the recipient will not be able to make any edits.
    • If the update request recipient is the sheet Owner or shared with Admin-level permissions, locked rows and columns will be editable from the update requests

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.