Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Best way to load a file in sights that can be updated

Options
Danfenti
Danfenti
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I want to have pdf files on my site and an easy way to update them. I tried loading them in google drive but when I update the file in drive the link on my sight is still the original pdf. sometimes we update a pdf several times a day, what is the best way to do this?

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The issue here is that you are trying to edit a PDF. Services like Drive do not have a PDF editor, so it requires you to download the file to your computer, then upload it back to the service.

You might try Drive's local folder you can store on your computer. This will sync the Drive folder to your computer and allow you to edit the files in that folder. It SHOULD keep the URL the same for the file even if you update it, as long as you dont remove it from the Google Drive folder. Just search Google for "download Google drive for mac/windows". 

• Danfenti
    Options

works great, thank you

This discussion has been closed.