Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webform: Is there way for a user to save and return to form later to complete?

Options

I am looking for a way for a user to be able to save their work in the webform and be able to come back at a later time to complete the form.  Is there a way to do this?  I have looked in help and the community and don't see this as an option. 

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet webforms are for data entry only.  However if the user is shared to the sheet then they can righy mouse on the relevent Row and choose edit and they will get an onscreen form to fill in.

This form can now also be sent to a user for updating, however I elieve that the user needs to be shared to the sheet as an editor to do this.

Alternativly you could use Google forms as users are able to save the form and then change thae data and resubmit (Ihave not tried this myself as yet so if someone else can elaborate that would be useful)

Also you could consider Appsheet as this can be set up to work with smartsheet and people can access thier records and update when required.

Also in smartsheet you can do an update request to the user or be scheduled to be sent on a regular basis and this presents as a web form.

I trust one of these options will help.

James

This discussion has been closed.