Calendar View Order

Options
Steve_SSheet
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hopefully an easy question...I'm just getting started using smartsheet.  Can someone tell me how calendar view determines the order of items within the calendar - i.e. what is listed on top of a certain date, what's below that and so on.

Thank you!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Steve,

Welcome!

I think it's sorted by the order of the rows.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Andree is correct. It is based off of the row order. Sorting and filtering will adjust this as will collapsing parent rows.

• Andrew Stills
    Andrew Stills ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not to complicate the question, but... LOL

How is the order determined when the rows are from different sheets?

I'm trying to get items from one sheet in particular to show as the first item in a calendar report. Essentially, overlay the US/Canada Holiday schedule but have them always appear first.

Thanks for your input!

Andrew

Andrew

He who fails to plan is planning to fail. - Winston Churchill

• Andrew Stills
    Andrew Stills ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On further testing I can make the sort feature work much of the time. However, it appears the longer multiday item always appears first, and then the next longest and so on and so forth. I'm surmising this is to deal with the layering of the items on the calendar.

I've used conditional formatting to provide a color indicator, but would still love to see a way to get an event to stick to the top regardless of length. Or, even more generally, a way top prioritize regardless of task length.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Cheers!

Andrew

Andrew

He who fails to plan is planning to fail. - Winston Churchill

• Sangeetha
    Options

I am completing a project to have vacation calendars submission for our office staff in seniority date order however our test has showed that even though the sorting of the sheet is in seniority order the calendar view doesn't list the staff by seniority date order but by the staff name's alphabetical order. This is making it difficult to resolve conflicts for dates in seniority order.

Smartsheet should be sorting my seniority date order for the calendar view also when the sort is determined by seniority date order. I submitted a ticket number 05349341, please assist to resolve this glitch.