Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet User Meet (UK)

Adam Haylock
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Would there be any intrest in a UK Smartsheet user group where we could meet up and discuss all things great and good regarding Smartsheet.  It would be fantastic to meet other Smartsheet users and find out how they are using it and adding value at their organisations.  We could also have some other guest speakers maybe discussing project managment in general or current Collaboration trends.

I would be happy to host in our offices at Aylesbury Vale District Council (Buckinghamshire)

Just an idea.

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Adam

We had that very discussion last week when we met with the new Director of Smartsheet Partner Sales Rakesh Majahan, who is keen to help us expand Smartsheet uptake in the UK. 

18 months ago we held the event you describe, in London at the Double Tree Hilton where my team did the organising and Smartsheet covered most of the costs and flew in two of their top men to present along with Three Case study Super Users.

It went very well indeed and we think it should happen again asap and more often. Here is a link to our Youtube video of the event https://youtu.be/c9aZxIxA2FY.  

http://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/first-london-smartsheet-super-user-group-event-2/

We look after a number of UK Councils and NHS orgs who are now slowly waking up to Smartsheet ,although the majority of our clients are in the private sector. There are some terrific opportunities for knowledge sharing and if anyone else wants to vote for this sort of event we will make it happen somehow, with the help of people like yourself. 

We look forward to feedback on this idea and thanks for raising it. 

RichardR SBP 

• Excellent news and thanks for sharing the video.

• Does this exist in the US anywhere?  I have a colleague on my team in the UK that I'm sure would be interested in attending your next session.  Please let me know if anything is scheduled.  Thanks!

• Richard Rymill SBP

We can see if a date can be arranged for the Autumn. 

Richard

• Excellent!  Do you know if anything like this is done in the U.S.?

• Richard Rymill SBP

I believe so Tony but i'm sure the community manager can tell you the details. 

RichardR 

• Hi Tony-- To my knowledge, we haven't arranged any Smartsheet/Community meetups in the U.S., outside of the various conferences and events we attend, and the Smartsheet Academy and training sessions we host around the country. If you'd be interested in a meetup in your area, please feel free to send me more information on where you're located at Kennedy.Stomps@Smartsheet.com and I'll look into it on my end!

• I will email you shortly Kennedy!  Thank You Laughing

• Hi I am based in Devon, UK and have been using Smartsheet for a couple of years.  I have been tasked with setting up a smartsheet user group within my organisation and wondered if anyone had any useful tips?

many thanks

• Richard Rymill SBP

Hi Sharon

Good to hear of your enthusiasm for Smartsheet, my team and I discovered Smartsheet @ 8 years ago and since then built our consulting team on helping users in the USA and UK benefit from rapid implementation of the best possible workflows to suit there needs. Now half our team are here in the UK where I am in Leeds Yorkshire, our UK HQ. We also have colleagues in Poole in Dorset, Southampton, London and Wales. So would we be interested in contributing best practice ideas? Yes we would. 

In the Autumn of 2015 Smartsheet funded a big Smartsheet Users UK meeting at the Double Tree Hilton in London which attracted @ 50 companies to attend. Nothing the like has been arranged since but there are plans for Smartsheet to open  a London office, so we might persuade them to do something similar?

If not maybe we can arrange something between us? We just need a great venue and a good "Bun Rush and Drinks" to lubricate the sharing of great ideas and we have an event?  

The difficulty for many may be the travel, as we have Smartsheet users everywhere from Wick in the far north or Scotland to Cornwall and Devon. So maybe live streaming of the event and webinars of best practice to follow, would dissolve the distances? After all the majority of the work we do is via Conference call and screen share for greatest efficiency and low cost, but equally my colleagues  and I are more and more delivering Face to Face workshops and training in Central London. Covent Garden area is a particular hotspot of Smartsheet users.   

So Yes ... can i suggest that as the Smartsheet user base in the UK has grown exponentially in the last few years, we hear from those who would like to share best practice? 

Any users that could offer a great (and large) Venue where perhaps attendees could contribute towards the catering and feel welcome? 

Suggestions please? We would be happy to help organise such an event. (That's what we were doing before we discovered Smartsheet..... project managing large events so we have the experience if needed?) 

Great idea Sharon! 

Feedback please? 

RichardR 

Smarter Business processes 

This discussion has been closed.