Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Card View is great for sheets. Please bring to reports, too.

Options
2»

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I've commented on this previously with the hope that this might be something on the horizon but I wanted to share some thoughts that I can only hope inspire you to develop this feature sooner rather than later.

I work with a global agency that has a large number of licences for Smartsheet. We use it for project and resource planning across multiple projects. We plan tasks at the client level and use reports to allow everyone to see what they should be doing for the next couple of weeks. The tool is good for quickly planning out activities at a client level and is easier to use than things like Jira for this purpose. The major problem we face is staff hate the interface. No-one wants to use a spreadsheet for their task management. 

At the client level this is fine, because you've developed the card view (great work BTW). However at the employee level they have to go into reports and deal with a disgustingly long and unattractive spreadsheet. As a result most of our staff use systems like Trello for their project management, leaving gaps in information on our projects. This is a big problem.

It strikes me that Smartsheet is tantalisingly close to being a real competitor to the likes of Jira, Trello and a number of other project management tools. At the moment though it's just incredibly frustrating for our staff and has left them with a bad taste in their mouth. People literally groan when you tell them to update their Smartsheet.

I'm asking for card view in reports because it will help us be more effective. But you should want to develop card view in reports because it will make Smartsheet a truly awesome tool that competes with the biggest names in task management.

• M Burton
    Options

Hi Kennedy, Do you have any updates on whether card view will be added to the reports or not? This would be much more useful at the report level than the sheet level.

• bperdok
    Options

We are looking at making the transition to Smartsheet for our PM planning software, however, I agree with all of the posts above that a majority of our employees will need to see/manage their tasks via reports as they work on multiple projects. A card view in reports will be crucial in adoption across our company.

Can you give an ETA on when this may be possible?

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please please please laugh

• @Gaurav
    Options

My 1000 votes for Card View in the Reports.

Reports are best way to have several different views (vertical or horizontal) of some master data sheet... But as its doesn't have Card View, so I cannot share use this approach at present. 

VERY BIG LIMITATION!!

• CalvinW
    Options

Agree with all here. We are planning to migrate project work to SS and found the card view feature could be very useful in a few scenarios where I want to only share report but not the sheet. Please let us know your timeline for this.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi all,

Smartsheet mentioned during Engage that functionality like this is coming for reports.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yay!!!!!yes​​​​​​yes

This discussion has been closed.