Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Card View: Date, Gantt & Swimlane updating

Options
Tony Coleman
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have an 8 week dev project.   Each Dev is prioritised to fit in a chosen week (week column/Lookup).  Then a nested if formula populates the start date of that week (if week 1 then, if week 2 then....etc).   This allows my card view to present a date and the week, which can dynamically update as I drag the card.

BUT 

I would like to see this move also update the Gantt view, but for some reason it does not do it.  In order to get the nested if formula to work I disable dependancies in the gantt.... likely this is impacting.   Any clues?

Thanks

Smartsheet.jpg

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Tony-- I'd be happy to take a closer look at this for you! I'm having a little trouble reading the screenshot you shared, do you think you could share a copy of the sheet with me directly at Kennedy.Stomps@Smartsheet.com (offering Admin permissions)? This will allow me to get a better idea of what's going on, test out the behavior myself, and offer next steps. Thanks!

• Robin Sherwood
    Options

Currently formulas are not allowed on the date columns used to draw the Gantt. The reason is... those columns already have hidden formlas in them that calculate end date and duration. 

• Tony Coleman
    Options

Thanks for the feedback both and the offer Kennedy.  I've shared in the meantime, hoping there might be another way of doing it - basically moving a card can shift the date as well..   would be a really useful tool I think.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.