Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Tableau and SmartSheet Reports (Size Limitation?)

Kevin Loo
Kevin Loo ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am trying to use Tableau to visualize a SmartSheet report.  The SmartSheet report is an aggregate of 5 to 10 other SmartSheets with a total number of 1500 rows.

Initially, I am able to successfully access the SmartSheet report with a limited number of sheets in the report and visualize it with Tableau.  However, as I aggregate additional SmartSheets into the report (less than 10),  I encounter the error message, "An error occurred while communicating with the data source.  Unable to connect to the server.  Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database."  I know the server is running and I have access to the database.

I noticed that Tableau can handle the data if I export the SmartSheet report to excel and have Tableau access it that way.

Am I encountering some type of limitation or restriction between Tableau and SmartSheet?

Please help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.