REFRESH A SHEET

WISZ
WISZ
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I linked two sheets (A and B)

On sheet A are the name of customers from all country with other informations about them.

Sheet B is the active sheet, I choose a country in a cell with a dropdown list. On other cells, I use VLOOK  link to the dropdown list cells.

Finally, by choosing a country name in the drowdown list I have a list of all customers in this country with other information. (A kind of country score card)

It is working well but when I change the name in the dropdown list, it doesn't change automatically the other cells. I have to save both sheets A and B and refresh twice sheet B.

Then my question : is there an automatic and instantaneous refresh on sheet?

Thanks per advance for you support and time.

Best regards.

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is an auto-refresh in dashboards, but not sheets, and there is an auto-save in sheets but not dashboards.

With the auto-save, it does refresh when saving. I am not sure if that would be an option for you or not.

• I did, it works untill I had IFERROR in my VLOOKUP formula.

Before when I change the name in my dropdownlist, I confirmed by save and cells automatically changed. 

But when I had IFERROR to have a blank cells instead of #NO MATCH, it does works anymore. Indeed it have on step delay. I mean:

1/ I change the dropdowlist choice

2/ I save, Nothing hapen on VLOOKUP cells

3/ I change again the dropdowlist choice

4/ I save, VLOOKUP cells change to the previous choice (1/) so it has 1 step delay.

I hope I am enough clear I my expaination.

Thanks for your first answer, thanks for your time and support.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is odd that it would be a step behind. Are you able to post some screenshots with sensitive/confidential data removed, blocked, or replaced with "dummy data"?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I agree with Paul. 

Screenshots would help? Can you also share the formulas you're using? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing)

Have you tried it today?

@Paul, Maybe the outage/date issues could be the issue here. What do you think?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting​

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée, Paul,

Holidays finished, let's back to smartsheet work. Here attached a screenshot

On top left (column2;cells1) = the "research"data (list)

Then all information in the sheet are linked to this cell. When I change the "research" nothing move (even with a 1 minute refresh). It used to change when I refreshed the sheet but not anymore?

Thanks per advance for your time and support. 

screen Capture.PNG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Welcome back!

I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can find the reason for it not working.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s), copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andreas,

I made a screen shot explaination of what I try to do. It is a 3 steps formula linked

I have two sheets "liste of contact" and "customer card"

I try to collect information regarding the top cell of customer card sheet

1/ I search the name in a list then in "list of contact" first column become 1 or 0

2/ In "list of contact" column 2, I count the number of "1" then 1=1;1+1=2 and so on

3/ In "customercard" sheet, I make a vlook up to find the row number. If 1 = 1 then show me what is in column number 8.

The issue: When I change the top cell (the research cell) in customer card. Nothing refresh automatically even if I make save.

Is there a solution?

In the rest of customer card I would like to do the same with other sheets. I made a report where all information are listed folling filters but it is not visible as a customer card.

Hope this can be solve in smartsheet.

customer contact explain.PNG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

Can you share the sheet(s) or copies of them? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)