Forumla Help, Nested IFs

@SPark
@SPark ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi, Looking to see if someone can help me with this formula. I would like it to follow the following logic:

1. If Task is checked as complete= "Green"
  2. If Task is past complete by date and not checked as complete= "Red"
  3. If Task is 3 days until complete by date and not checked as complete ="Yellow"

Here is the what I have but it's not working.

=IF([Task Complete]@row, "Green", IF([Complete By]@row > TODAY(-3), "Yellow", IF([Complete By]@row >= TODAY(), "Red")))

Thank you!!

Forumla.png

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this slight modification...

There was no criterion for green. I am assuming its a checkbox based on your statement.

I would put Red next and use the Less than or equal to today. And then I would put yellow last and state Less than today + 3 days. You'll never see the equal two or less than today cause those will always fire Red. Everything else I am leaving blank. 

=IF([Task Complete]@row = 1, "Green", IF([Complete By]@row <= TODAY(), "Red", IF([Complete By]@row <Today(3), "Yellow", "")))

Please let me know if this worked for you. 

• @SPark
    @SPark ✭✭✭

Hey Mike,

Unfortunately no, the Green worked when checked but it's doing yellow when its 3 days past the complete by date and all dates leading up to the complete by date is red. 

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try switching the Red criteria from less than to greater than.

IF([Complete By]@row <= TODAY(), "Red", 

switched to 

IF([Complete By]@row >= TODAY(), "Red", 

Same with the Yellow criteria.

IF([Complete By]@row <Today(3), "Yellow", 

switched to

IF([Complete By]@row <Today(3), "Yellow", 

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. Yes, Paul's suggestion should resolve that. I think I got my greater than, and less than's mixed up. The primary issue then was that the Green didn't have the criterion. Hope that gets it working for you! blush

• @SPark
    @SPark ✭✭✭

This is the formula I ended up using at it worked!! Thanks for everyone's help and input!! 

=IF([Task Complete]2 = 1, "Green", IF(AND([Complete By]@row > TODAY(), [Complete By]@row < TODAY(+3)), "Yellow", "Red"))

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent! Glad you found a working solution. yes

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would make your row calls consistent... 

IF([Task Complete]@row= 1

=IF([Task Complete]@row = 1, "Green", IF(AND([Complete By]@row > TODAY(), [Complete By]@row < TODAY(+3)), "Yellow", "Red"))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!