Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

What network ports are used for uploading file attachments in Smartsheet

Options
John Russo
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I want to be able to block the network ports in my firewall to prevent a user from being able to attach a file to smartsheet. If not ports, then what is it connecting to on the other side and I can block that. I have the Team plan, and unlike the Enterprise plan, does not give me the control to restrict/block that function.

Thank you.

Comments

• Scott Willeke
    Options

The varous attachment providers do not use any special ports. So the only sure way to prevent users from using attachments is to use the File Attachment Options which is only available to Enterprise accounts. You might be able to prevent users from using the Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, & Egnyte attachment providers by blocking users' requests to the DNS/domains that those services use, but I'm not sure how comprehensive that will be and the users might see unexpected error messages. That will also impact those services outside of Smartsheet as well. You'd have to consult documentation or support for each of those services to find out exactly which domains that they use or to see if they offer any other options for blocking access to their services.

• John Russo
    Options

To Scott:  Thanks for the info. I was afraid that might be the case. I just don't want to pay $7,500 per year, for Enterprise which is more than I need, or even the enhanced Team version where they will turn that feature and it only works on sheets you create and not those created by other people.  Oh well. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.