Formula Help: Completed Project Count for Parent Rows Only

NMC AH
NMC AH ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I am new to SmartSheet, and I am trying to create a formula that adds up the total number of projects that have a check mark in a Completed column.

Note: I created a row to star all of the projects in parent rows (to distinguish from tasks in the children rows). So essentially, I want to add up all of the starred projects that have a check mark in the Completed column. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NMC AH

Completed Project Count Screenshot.PNG

Comments

• Hello NMC AH,

I understand that you are looking to create a formula that counts the number of rows with two criteria, and I'm happy to help with this. The type of formula you are looking for is called a COUNTIFS formula. For the current sheet you have shared a screen capture of, I would try the following:

=COUNTIFS([Parent Row]:[Parent Row], 1, [Completed]:[Completed], 1)

For these column types, the symbol is either "on" or "off." You can use a 1 for "on" or 0 for "off" in formulas. The above formula will count the number of rows that have both a Star in the column called "Parent Row" and a check in the "Completed" column. I've included some more Help Center articles that you may find useful below.

Thank you!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!