Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement request for Sights: Automatic scrollbar depending on amount of text to display

Dietrich Koch
Dietrich Koch ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

It would be great, if widgets would have an automatic scrollbar appearing, if there is more text to display than the size of a widget allows. Currently only report widgets have this ability.

E.g. the following widget has more text, than it can display:

The screenshot is taken from a report dashboard. The layout of this report is fix, so changing the size of a widget every now and then to adjust it to the respective situation is not an option.

Showing scrollbars would be great to have a standard layout that works with every situation.

Scrollbar for widgets.png

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 07/12/16

Hi Dietrich-- Great point! At this time, it looks like the Sheet Data widget doesn't automatically adjust or add scrolling to compensate for large amounts of text in the source cells. I've reached out to our Sights PM to see if this is something that we are looking into for a future release.

• Following up on this, I chatted with our Sights PM, Daniel, who says that at this point, we do not have plans to add this functionality to widgets other than the Report and Rich Text widgets, as we are hoping to reduce the amount of scrolling in Sights. That being said, I've passed your feedback along to the team to consider as an alternate viewpoint on the issue. Thanks for your input!

• Ron42na
    Ron42na ✭✭✭✭

Reducing the amount of scrolling sounds like a nice idea - until you actually put the dashboard widget into production and realize people can't get to the information they need when using a mobile device.

I hope this gets changed...

This discussion has been closed.