Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automatically moving row from Sheet to Sheet using zapier

Options
Gilger
Gilger
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello,

Not sure if this is a smartsheet issue or a zapier issue. I'm trying to move a row automatically from SheetA to Sheet B  when a new row is created in SheetA using Zapier. I understand most of the steps but the last step in setting up the "zap" has three dropdowns

Select source sheet.

1 2 3

Select destination sheet.

Select row to be move.

The choose row is where I am unclear. what row am I choosing? Is the the "Move From" or "Move To" the helpful hint is not helpful and I can't seem to get it to work. 

If it's a "move from" : If multiple rows have been created in between "zaps" how does that get managed?

If it's a "move to": do the rows copy over each other or can I make them move below each other on the sheet.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this is clear.

Tags:

Comments

• Taylor F
    Taylor F Employee Admin
    Options

Hello Gilger,

When you are on action Move Row > Set Up Template in Zapier, you will be asked to set the Source Sheet, the Destination Sheet, and then which row you wish to be moved from the source sheet. You will see your rows listed to select a specific row or you can choose Use a Custom Value. This will allow you to select the row that you wish to move.

If you are looking for a way to conditionally move a row to another sheet, such as if a row has been marked as complete, I recommend that you check out Azuqua: https://azuqua.com/integrate-smartsheet.

• Gilger
    Gilger
    edited 07/21/16
    Options

Thanks. That seemed to work. Appreciate the help. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can move rows conditionally using Zapier - it requires an account that allows multiple actions and then you can use the filter option.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.