Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto-Complete

Jen P
Jen P
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

How do I enable auto-complete in SmartSheet?

I am designing a form for linguists to borrow items for fieldwork, and it would be great if their name, e-mail address, fieldwork location etc. came up as an option when they started typing in a cell.

Thanks,

Jen

Tags:

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you use a contact list for the column type you can get some of that functionality.

i.e. name and email address.

• Hi Jen-- Brett's suggestion is really the extent of what's built in to Smartsheet right now. If you add your team members as users (licensed or non-licensed) on your account, or to your My Smartsheet Contacts list, users on your sheets will be able to autofill their names and contact information in Contact List-type columns. You could also probably use nested IF formulas to fill in other data automatically in other columns, but I would note that if you have a lot of IF conditions, these can really slow down a sheet if used in every row. 

This discussion has been closed.