Need help with IF formula

DominicR
DominicR ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All,

I've looked everywhere with a similar issue but nothing comes up.

I'm trying to create a column where the cells auto-populate a facility name depending on the territory selected in the territory column. I'm assuming I need to use =IF but tried various ways with no luck! I've included a screenshot below to hopefully help.

E.g. The facility for Colombia should be DLA where as the facility for UK should be DTU.

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot.png

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dominic,

Try something like this.

You'd add to the pattern for more conditions. How many different territories do you have?

=IF(TERRITORY@row = "Colombia"; "DLA"; IF(TERRITORY@row = "UK"; "DTU"))

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(TERRITORY@row = "Colombia", "DLA", IF(TERRITORY@row = "UK", "DTU"))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Would that work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ah amazing, this is working! Now the only issue is is adding multiple territories (we have 40+ territories) which I've tried by exchanging the comma to a period or semi-colon but neither are working.

How would I go about adding multiple territory options? (e.g. Taiwan / Indonesia / India should be for DLA facility and UK / France / Norway should be for DTU facility). FYI, each row can only have one territory selected from a drop-down box.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it!

Dominic

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Try something like this for adding alternatives. 

We could also create a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH solution that would look up the correct value in a table instead.

=IF(OR(TERRITORY@row = "Taiwan"; TERRITORY@row = "Indonesia"; TERRITORY@row = "India"); "DLA"; IF(OR(TERRITORY@row = "UK"; TERRITORY@row = "France"; TERRITORY@row = "Norway"); "DTU"; ""))

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=IF(OR(TERRITORY@row = "Taiwan", TERRITORY@row = "Indonesia", TERRITORY@row = "India"), "DLA", IF(OR(TERRITORY@row = "UK", TERRITORY@row = "France", TERRITORY@row = "Norway"), "DTU", ""))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• This worked perfectly, I'm all good now! Thanks for your help!!!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!