How to deselect a radio button answer option in web form?

JEarley02
JEarley02 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to allow a user the ability to deselect (or unselect) a radio button option after making that selection (i.e., clear out their choice and make no selection after already having made the selection?)

Comments

• Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I am aware of.  Here are a couple of work arounds.

• use a drop down list instead of a radio button.  You can re-select the 'blank' option like you are looking for.
    • The other option would be to make one of your radio buttons 'N/A' or something like that.

Connor

Connor Hartford

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Another option could be a third-party solution like Google Forms or similar, but I'd recommend trying Connors excellent advise for workarounds first.

Also, Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just here looking to see if this functionality was available and it looks like this is still not an option. The display of radio buttons works in some instances when the items to select from do not require the option of a dropdown. It would be nice to be able to deselect or unselect the radio button.

The above suggested workaround to use a dropdown can accomplish this, but I will be submitting an enhancement request form since this is a nice to have.

All the best,

Sandra