Enhancement Request -> Transfer license & Sheets at same time

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I just encountered a situation where I wanted to transfer a license and sheets at the same time, and was unable to do so without a workaround. I had to either get the person to transfer all their sheets to me, then change the license, and switch them back to the new owner, or take a license away from another user, give it to the new user, transfer the sheets, then the license back to the owner I took it away from.

This is a painful process, and gives opportunities for items to be lost. Realistically this should be an option in the dropdown when changing licenses.

I have already submitted an enhancement request in the form.

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hello,

Thank you for submitting a Product Enhancement Request for this functionality.

If you're attempting to transfer a license and owned items from one licensed user to a user without a license, I would suggest the following:

1. Remove the license from the licensed user, but do not transfer their owned items (yet)
    2. Assign their license to the new user
    3. Bulk transfer all their owned items to the new licensed user
    4. At this point you could choose to remove the original licensed user from your account.

If needed, more information on editing users can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/795920-manage-users-multi-user-plan#editoneuser

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That makes sense. I didn't pursue that route as I was worried about the potential of the sheets being deleted, but if that is the official workaround I will do it that way in the future.

Thanks