Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting Changed Over This Weekend

Options

I've got a development backlog I keep in Smartsheet. Many of my checkbox columns have conditional formatting - red when not checked - normal when checked. I have header rows that I inserted a period "." into and changed the font color to match the row to hid the conditional formatting. Now, the conditional formatting is being applied. 

What I had set was If <column name> is checked, then apply this format <red background>. This used to only impact rows that were checked or unchecked. if I had alternate text in the row, the conditional formatting was ignored. Now, it's being applied to those cells with alternate text (rather than a check or non-checked box). 

The funny thing is I found a support article that talks about using my trick to hide checkboxes from header/parent rows. Unfortunately, while it sill works to hide the checkboxes, conditional formatting no longer works as it did. 

Any chance this is a bug and will be fixed?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.