Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Function 'WORKDAY' returning #INVALID COLUMN VALUE when formula in different column

Options
James H
James H
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, I seem to be having difficulty with something that should be so simple. I have two columns 'Date Required' and 'Decision Date'. 'Date Required' is a user input date field, 'Decision Required' is (or should be), an auto-calculated field to subtract 5 working days from the 'Date Required' field. The formula I have currently is:-

=WORKDAY([Date Required]1, -5)

I am receiving the error:- #INVALID COLUMN VALUE

If I place the formula in the same column as 'Date required' it works fine, but not in other columns. Surely I am not limited to the same column, can anyone advise please?

Many thanks, James.

Tags:

Comments

• Even
    Even ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar issue. Your note about it working in certain columns made me check the data format in the column I was trying to use. Turns out Column Properties was set to Text/Number. Changing the column where the formula is used to Date format fixed the issue for me.

• James H
    James H
    edited 08/10/16
    Options

Thanks Even, I checked the Date Required column was ok, but not the Decision date, which was set set to Text/Number, so all fixed now.

This discussion has been closed.