Return 1 if YEAR and MONTH is equal TODAY

Options
Mixer
Mixer ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I have a formula:

=IFERROR(IF(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()), 1, IF(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()) - 1, 2)), " ")

and it worked until we have two years in one sheet. I would like to know how to add YEAR to this formula so that we can compare not only MONTH but also YEAR.

Thanks.

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try something along these lines...

=IFERROR(IF(AND(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()), YEAR([Sale Date]2) = YEAR(TODAY())), 1, IF(AND(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()) - 1, YEAR([Sale Date]2) = YEAR(TODAY())), 2)), " ")

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The OG

=IFERROR(IF(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()), 1, IF(MONTH([Sale Date]2) = MONTH(TODAY()) - 1, 2)), " ")

The New

=IFERROR(IF(date(year(today()),month(today()),1)=date(Year([Sale Date]2),month([Sale Date]2),1),1,if(Date(Year(today()),month(today()),1)-1 = Date(year(today()),month(today()),1)-1,2

Paul, your will break in january. 1 - 1 = 0 not 12. Learned that the hard way earlier this year.

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tried to edit but got cloudflared. I forgot to add the end of the iferror statement

=IFERROR(IF(date(year(today()),month(today()),1)=date(Year([Sale Date]2),month([Sale Date]2),1),1,if(Date(Year(today()),month(today()),1)-1 = Date(year(today()),month(today()),1)-1,2)),"")

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Correct. I wasn't paying attention to the details. I just saw the request to include in the YEAR criteria and went with it. 

Good catch. yes

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!