Copy row data from one sheet to another

jleaman104531
jleaman104531 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is is possible to create a rule or manually copy data from one sheet to another?

Not all the columns would match between the two sheets. We would need the ability to map which columns should be copied from one sheet to another.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

There are a few different ways to structure a solution.

How many columns/rows would you need to move to the other sheet? How often?

One way would be to connect them with the help of cross-sheet formulas, third-party service like Zapier.

You could also do it manually, but that would move all columns over. You could move them to the far-right and hide them.

Would any of those options work? Which method would you prefer?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• This is an area of keen interest for us on the Automated Workflows team. I would love to discuss some options for you. Could you please use this link to setup time with me and walk me through your process and needs?

--

Scott Willeke | Smartsheet

Director of Product Management