Form with required attachment if a specific field is chosen

fgray34
fgray34
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have created a form and in this form if the user chooses "remove" then I would like to require that documents be attached. Is this possible?

Capture.PNG

Comments

• Conditional responses aren't there yet from what I can tell. That said, whenever I have something like this, I just included help dialogue in the form under the question I am asking. Something like this:

"Please NOTE: If a removal, please include your _____ document below using the attachment option below"

Or something like that. The discretionary dialogue in the forms is very flexible and helps in scenarios like you're describing. 

Chris

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chris is correct. building conditions directly into forms isn't an option yet. Feel free to submit a Product Enhancement Request.

In the meantime, you can use Google Forms which integrates very seamlessly with Smartsheet or you can set up an Automation workflow that will send out an Update Request to the user if the option was selected but there is no attachment on the row. 

This would send out after the fact but (generally) happens within 15 minutes of form submission.