Send Row function not working

Options
Marie Chestnut
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I understand on 9/19/2019 Smartsheet changed unlicensed user functionality.  The send row function is now no longer working for a two users I share a sheet with. The function is grayed out and returns a message to upgrade to a paid level.  They cannot cannot perform their job duties without this function. The UNM HSC should not have to purchase two more licenses just so these employees can use the send row functionality.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Marie,

I'm not sure it has to do with the changes to the free plan.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Marie Chestnut
    Options

Here's my response from Support. Apparently the new licensing does negatively impact the Send Row Feature:

Hello Marie,

Thanks for contacting Smartsheet Support about unlicensed users not having access to the Send row feature. I'm happy to provide more information about this.

Several weeks ago, all System Administrators for Smartsheet accounts were notified of planned changes to the capabilities of free (unlicensed) user accounts. Those changes have now been implemented. More details about these changes are available here - https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=258f80b10559472490a602df64fb3fa6

Users who require the capabilities of a licensed account should contact their organization's System Administrator. A Sys Admin can be located as follows:

• Go to the Account menu (profile icon) in the upper right corner of the Smartsheet window and select Account Admin.
    • In the Account Administration window, the name and email address of the Sys Admin will be listed next to Main Contact and Contact Email. (I know this is Mike)

Users who are not part of a multi-user plan but require a license can follow the prompts displayed within the application to upgrade.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this. There is no need to reply to this email if I have answered all your questionsAs a valued Smartsheet customer, I welcome your feedback on the brief survey at the bottom of this email.

Kind Regards,

Richard | Smartsheet Support

Find self-service resources here: Smartsheet Learning Center, Help, and Community.

• EHatch
    EHatch ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm surprised that Smartsheet wasn't more forthcoming with ALL their users about this. And while I agree that one should need a license to manage and drive processes (in addition to Smartsheet continuing to make money), some of the functionality taken away from non-licensed users doesn't rise to that level, at least in my opinion.

I wish they had considered a "tier 2" level license. Something like full "Admin" permissions require the purchase of a "supplemental" Admin licence for those who aren't already licensed users for like $25-$100 per year.