Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

"Web Page" Smartsheet Solution

Options
Rick Carlisle
Rick Carlisle ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I need to make available, to external companies, files that contain different types of design and manufacturing standards. We currently have an external, legacy website that hosts a smaller set of similar documents.  This current system won't be scalable for handling the additional requirements.

Is anyone out there using Smartsheet as a "web site" that serves a similar use as described above?

Enterprise tools such as Sharepoint are not set up to allow external users to access site content.

Thank you!

Rick

Comments

• Jeff K.
    Options

You can publish the sheet and have the items that needs to be download be placed as each row's attachments.

The published sheet can be placed in some website as an iFraame

Mind you, you won't be able to log what was downloaded or who accessed it.

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We have sheets that all of our 100+ clients access for tracking tasks, storing documents, and managing conversastions.  Each client has their own sheet (website, in your case) that they can manage, along with their assigned consultant.  Our clients access through a secure login, which was a lot easier to have them do than I thought it would be.  for some of our larger clients we have created sights to give them visual overviews of their sheets and reports to highlight information.  Basically, we have fashioned smartsheets to fill the role of CRM for our clients and they really like it.  From our end, I have created reports (based on internal needs) that pulls data from all 100+ sheets to report out incomplete tasks, or notify consultants of sheet updates, etc..  I have recently asked our staff, when appropriate to send communications through SmartSheet rather than email.  This way we have a log of communication and other internal stakeholders can see what is happening with a client.  If I had one update request, it would be that SmartSheet has a way to identify comments or rows that have been sent to other people.  I currently have my staff write their message (email) and save in the comments, with text at the bottom of the comment "Sent to: (Contacts name(s)) so we know it was a sent message. This is in case we need to prove to the client that information was sent.  I would be happy to share samples of what we do with anyone that is intersested.

This discussion has been closed.