Nested If Statement or vlookup

Julie Brown
Julie Brown ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I need some assistance with a formula, if possible, still fairly new here. We have two sheets that need linked together but I'm not sure to use an if statement or vlookup. 

Our Service Team orders parts through a form on the "Non-Stock" Smartsheet (they love it! compared to our old system)

Shipping and Receiving records both in bound and out bound shipments on the "Shipping/Receiving Manifest"

What we would like to do is when a shipment is received and the Purchase Order No. from shipping  matches the PO No. on the Non-Stock and it is In Bound the tracking number is recorded on the "Non-Stock" In Bound Tracking and vise versa with Out Bound.

Screenshots included - hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance

Non Stock.png

Shipping Receiving Manifest.png

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hello,

I'd suggest creating a VLOOKUP –using the the PO No. as the search value like this:

=VLOOKUP([PO No.]@row, {PO In/Out Bound}, 2)

The screen capture below displays the {PO In/Out Bound} cross-sheet reference (and the results):

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 3.09.00 PM

Keep in mind that with a VLOOKUP, the value to search for, must be in the first column of lookup_table. If needed, more information on this can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/function/vlookup

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!