Conversations and Comments window

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
10/03/19 Edited 12/09/19

Hi, Was the way Smartsheet handles Conversations and Comments changed yet again?

I noticed an automatic change a few days ago. I preferred having the conversations pop up separately and now a split window contains conversations and comments.

Also, I noticed that editing the text in the comment box has changed, in that I have less control in formatting the text in the new window.

I may have missed an announcement of the change.

Also, is there a way I can view my Conversations/comments the way it had been?

Thanks.

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Commenting is now a part of the conversations pane where you can

1. See all conversations in your sheet. 
    2. See conversations centered around particular rows. 

I don't believe you can revert it. But you can close it. For more on the coversation pane see... https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2480086-Conversations

As well as the engage keynote section on Conversations in Context:  

• Not a fan.

I am also seeing comments I added to one row in the comments of another row. Maybe it is my error.

Also, did they change the editing capabilities?

I copy email conversations into the comments boxes, and now I am unable to edit things as simple as line breaks into the text.

• I agree. I'm not a fan of how they changed comments. I don't like the conversation pane. I don't the discussions being oldest first.

• Chuck MuirheadChuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE fix the comments....

1. The step in having to hold the "Shift" key, while pressing return is not intuitive and is not an industry standard in other web-based platforms.  

2. Show newest conversations at the top and not have users scroll to the bottom of the list to find them.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Chuck,

I agree, Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Chuck MuirheadChuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted a request.  Thank you.  I also provided feedback during the early adopter testing phase.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.