Notification emails with new Proofing feature

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
10/08/19 Edited 12/09/19

My organization plans to start using the new Proofing feature, and today we did some initial testing to see how it works.

We noticed that the person who requested a proof review didn't get ANY notification emails when new comments, approvals, or rejections were added to a proof. 

We tried to set up notifications using Automation, but I couldn't find a way to set up a workflow trigger related to Proofing. 

Does anyone know how we can make sure the requester gets a notification when new comments, approvals, or rejections happen on a proof? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Michaela,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a workaround in the meanwhile could be to @mention them.

Would that work?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi Michaela,

I'm the product manager for proofing. Thank you for trying out the new feature! We will be adding notifications for Approve/Reject actions soon as it is next on our priority list. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks, Brian,

That's excellent news!

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Love this new feature and glad to see notifications are a priority!

• Thanks, Andrée! We'll do that for now.

• Brian, thanks for your response! I'm glad to know that Approve/Reject notifications will be added soon. It would be great if comment notifications would be an option too, but the Approve/Reject notifications should cover most of our needs. Appreciate it!

Excellent!

Happy to help!

• Hi there!

I'm looking for the answer to this question as well. Have notifications in the proofing feature been made available yet?

Thanks,

Hillary

• JJHartmanJJHartman ✭✭✭✭✭

@BrianBosché It has been over a year since your comment that proofing notifications are coming soon, please provide an update.

• emessdeeemessdee ✭✭✭✭✭

@BrianBosché It has been close to two years since your comment that proofing notifications are coming soon, please provide an update. This would be an extremely helpful functionality!