Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

returning a blanc and auto created dates

Si Spence
Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

helpful friends,

Please see screenshot.

I have a formula in B that returns a 'o' when other cells are unpopulated and I wish to show a 'blank' can this be done?

Also

because I have createsd a formula that I have copied down the length of 'B', the 'Created' Column 'A' is auto populating with the date that I populated the cell 'B' with the forrmula.  can i get round this?

Thank you

Si.

Capture delist.PNG

Comments

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭

Both things can be done!

1) I'm not sure what your formula is, but if it's an IF-statement you can have it return blank instead of 0 by supplying an empty set of quotes for the result (""). I could give you a more clear example if I saw your formula.

2) The dates in column A are all the same because it autofills with the date the cell was created. I assume you copied the formula down all at once, so all those rows will have the same creation date/time. What would you like to see here instead? Maybe you're looking for the modified system column instead of the created one?

This discussion has been closed.