Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Duration Summary Calculation

Craig Rice
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have project that requires hour granularity for assigned tasks.  When Smartsheet summaries each of my branches for a day, the sum is always .25d for a day that has 8h (sometime more or less than 8 for a working day).  I have had to augment the inaccuracy of the duration summary with another column in the Smartsheet to get an accurate daily hour calculation.  

Summary Project Time.jpg

Comments

• Hi Craig-- To confirm, are your Project Settings set up to specify an 8 hour working day? If not, Smartsheet may be interpreting a day as 24 hours, which would make 8 hours of working time a quarter of a day, rather than a full day. You can modify your project settings by right-clicking any column header and clicking Edit Project Settings. Let me know if this doesn't help resolve your issue!

This discussion has been closed.