Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can I copy a hierarchy of indented rows without having to expand it first?

How can I copy a hierarchy of indented rows without having to expand it?

The hierarchy includes hundreds of indented rows and I want to clone it many  times within the same sheet.

Many thanks.

Peter

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you expand all the rows and then select and copy the rows it works for me.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Peter,

You cannot copy Hidden rows.  If the Hierarchy is in Collapsed mode, the rows are hidden.

Create another Identical sheet that has one Hierarchy with all the rows and leave them Expanded.

Select the rows in the new sheet and either copy and pase them or RMB - Copy to another sheet.

Careful if they have formulae, copy and move do not copy or move the formulae only the result.

Copy and paste will copy formulae except where you have used Absolute Cell Referencing ($ signs)

James

• Sure would be nice to have this feature. As a person who tries to limit the amount of "clicks", it takes to get a task done the default process for copying a hierarchy of indented rows is very tedious.

This discussion has been closed.