Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Working days and non-working in different countries?

Hi everyone. Does anyone know whether it's possible to attach different rows to different timezones in Smartsheet? This is not specifically for the hours, but more for the days of work. For instance, in the UK we work Monday-Friday but in the middle east the working days are Sunday-Thursday. Therefore, can we assign different working and non-working days to different rows?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hello Kate! Good question, there isn’t a way to set individual working days for certain rows in your sheet but I will send this suggestion to our product team for consideration in future development. 

One workaround would be to set of a different sheet for the tasks that will be worked in a countries with different working days. Another option is to schedule tasks Tuesday - Friday, then create a new task on another row for the Saturday (you can start a task on a non-working day). 

• Is there any update on this request? I frequently make schedules for teams in different countries. It is very frustrating not being able to assign different working days/holidays to specific resources

• Hi Marlon, I don't have an update on this enhancement request but I have added your vote for it! If we make progress on this, this thread will be updated. You can also see what we're actively working on in our Product Roadmap. Thanks for your input!

This discussion has been closed.