Struggling with IF(AND....to return a checkbox

Jed Rusyniak
Jed Rusyniak ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Can't seem to get this formula to return a checked checkbox

=IF(AND([Total cartons]@row > 5000, [Container Type]@row = "Cart",[Load Status]@row="Complete”),1,0)

any suggestions

Tags:

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Jed,

The formula you have is structured correctly!

However, it looks like the last " mark at the end of your formula is at an angle. I have tested your formula and if you type in each quotation mark directly into your sheet it should work, but if you are copying/pasting this formula into your sheet the last " mark will need to be adjusted.

I have seen this happen before when copying notes that were built in a Macbook Notes application, as the quotation marks are a different symbol within Notes. Our Product team is aware of this issue and I have let them know that you are experiencing the same thing.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This can also happen when using programs such as Microsoft Word. I always suggest using programs such as Notepad because they use the same type of quotes as SS as opposed to the "smart quotes" used in other programs.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Smart Quotes are the nemesis of Smartsheet formulas. Never construct formulas in a word processor like Word, or Google Docs. The programs automatically convert those straight quotes into fancy angled quotes that crash your smartsheet formulas. 

curses - Smartquotes.gif

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!