Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form Feature Request

Options
2»

Comments

• Oren Cook
    Options

+1 for this feature from me. 

Salesmen use the webform in the field to enter in new clients info, and frequently have a narrative that goes along with the project that we would like to have live in the comments field along with all of our other narrative pieces. 

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Smartsheets staff.  I am refreshing a request from almost 2 years ago, that has also been brought up by other users in separate discussions. 

Please add functionality to the web forms to allow comments to go directly to the comments in the row.  This functionality is already available in the row update web forms, so it should be relatively easy to add the option to the web forms. 

This enhancement would allow users to not have to create a separate "comment" column and then once a row is created, copy and past from the "comment" column to the row comments.

• Roy
    Options

I was just looking for this feature in the web form myself. I'd love to see it implemented as well.

• Agriffiths
    Options

Almost two years and no one from Smartsheet has even commented on this.  Very frustrating... Seems like an easy fix.. Did anyone find another good workflow / project intake type software that could do this?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I solved this or something like it using Zapier (www.zapier.com)

Craig

• Schraff_H
    Options

I vote for this feature as well. I work for a large retailer in the creative department. We use Smartsheet to request projects from our overseas team. We input all of our direction for the tasks into the comments field in order to keep the smartsheet shorter. It would be great for our creative team to have a more visually-friendly way to enter jobs (i.e. a form) instead of having to directly enter it into the excel-look-alike: Smartsheet (a bane to the designer!) When will this feature be implemented???

• Agriffiths
    Options

3 years later and still no functionality or even an update on this thread.  Very disappointing.  It seems like a simple task, what's the issue smartsheet?

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of my biggest complaints about Smartsheet, is the perception that they cater to third-parties and not paying subscribers.  There have been some great feature requests made by members of this community that are still collecting cobwebs without even a simple response from Smarthseet.  We have our own proprietary software for our clients to use and if I treated clients like this....I would not have clients. 

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I vote for this too.

I have 3 sheets.

First are requests, which can be detailed.

I then save as a pdf and determine which of the other two sheets it belongs to. I then move the title and submitter to the appropriate sheet and attach the pdf with all of the information.

If I had this feature, not only would it save me from using the first sheet, it would also save me the time of transferring to the appropriate sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi everyone,

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I have submitted one.

This discussion has been closed.