Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

kanban WIP limits

nforde
nforde
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi

I was playing with the Card view and wondered if there is a way to enable WIP limits. for example if I want to set a limit of 5 items that can appear under the In Progress column so that if anymore than 5 are allocated to this column the item will be highlited in red or something?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi—we currently don't have functionality to set a limit for the number of cards that can appear in a lane. We also don't have a way to set conditional formatting on items based on their quantity in a lane (i.e. when more than x tasks are In Progress) but I'll get your vote down for these features on our enhancement request list for further consideration.

Thanks for the input! 

• nforde
    nforde
    edited 09/22/16

Thanks looking forward to the votes :-)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, conditional formatting or no, I couldn't get anything to change color  (text or background).

Here's a hack work-around (without the hoped for colors)

I created a column [Info]

In row 1, I added this formula

=IF(COUNTIF(Status:Status, "In Progress") > 4, "5 or more In Progress!")

All the rest of the column points to that

=$[Info]$1

In Card View, I added the Info field and it will at least give some indication that your limits are being reached.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.