how to use resource views and resource management without being a system admin

Options
Joachim Mund
Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

I would like to manage my projects from resource views, but I can not enable this feature (enterprise plan).

I am not the system admin. Is it it possible that he could give me the rights to manage my resources and views?

Thanks

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes. A sys admin can grant rights to resource views. You would also need each of the other users to have them included in the resource view. For example...

John Doe wants to include Jane Smith in a project and have her in his resource view.

Not only would John Doe need access to resource view, but so would Jane Smith.

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks,

it means, that John cannot add jane by itself but has to ask the system admin to add Jane?

Not very comfortable in an enterprise organisation :-(

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is correct. For John to see Jane, both John and Jane need to have resource view turned on. Fortunately, turning on or off Resource View for a user is as simple as checking or unchecking a box for the Sys Admin.

They have 2 options.

1. If it is just a few people, it may be easier to just search them individually in the User Management window directly.

2. If it is a large group, there is an option to "bulk update". The appropriate steps for which are outlined when "Bulk Update Users" is selected from the "More Actions" dropdown in the User Management window.