If Formula

Karrie Davis
Karrie Davis Overachievers Alumni
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi I'm trying to auto calculate the date. I was wondering if someone could assist. I'm not quite sure how to do it I believe it should be an if statement but I'm not sure how to write it.

I have a column that is Date of Last Correspondence, Days till follow-up, Next Follow up Date is the column that I want to auto populate.

Days till next correspondence is 7 Days, 15 Days, 30 Days, 45 Day, 60 Days, 90 Days, 120 Days, 365 Days. If Custom Number is selected I want the column to be blank.

I'm not sure how to write the formula. Any assistance would be great

For the test row I just put ==[Date of Last Correspondence]1 + 7 but I would like that to happen automatically.

Thank you

If Days.PNG

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try something like this...

=IF(ISBLANK([Custom Days]@row), [Date of Last Correspondence]@row + VALUE(LEFT([Days till follow up]@row, FIND(" ", [Days till follow up]@row) - 1)))

What this does is:

If the Custom Days column for that row is blank, then pull the leftmost characters from the Days till follow up column up until the space, convert it to a numerical value, then add it to the Date of Last Correspondence.

This will also allow you to add, edit, or delete options from the Days till follow up column without having to adjust the formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!