Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Color Formatting

Options
Tiare Rose
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have been noticing that my color formating occationally changes. I have one sheet I am working on that I color cordinated parent and children rows. Frequetly while editing, expanding and collapsing row, some cells will revert to white. 

Is there a reson for this, something I am doing wrong? Or a way to prevent it?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello Tiare,

Two possibilities here:

1. Conditional Formatting rules are changing the formatting. I'd recommend clicking the Conditional Formatting button in the toolbar on the left and disabling all of your conditional formatting rules (click the down arrow next to each rule for the disable option to appear).

Make a change to your sheet and see if the formatting plays nice. More info on conditional formatting is available in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/516359-conditional-formatting

2. If the above isn't the case, it's possible that you have Highlight Changes enabled in your sheet, set to change the background white for changes you've made within a certain period of time. You can change this by clicking the Highlight changes button in the toolbar and switching it off.

Details on Highlight Changes here: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/521974-highlighting-changes-made-to-a-sheet

If the above two options don't seem to be the case, reach out to Support@Smartsheet.com to troubleshoot further.

• Tiare Rose
    Options

Thank you for the informative response. My first thought was conditional formatting. But the only conditional formatting doesnt effect the cells that are being changed. I have parent row one color, children of that row a lighter color and the last child row no color. It is just random cells that the color changes back to white. It sometimes is a group of a bunch of cells and sometimes its just one!

and highlighting changes is off.

This discussion has been closed.