Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How can I add rows from one sheet to another automatically?

Meghan Lundy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am trying to create a PO / Invoice tracking system for my team. One sheet has all the blanket PO #'s and amounts and the other has all the invoices that are tied to each PO.

So if an invoice is added to the invoice sheet that has a matching PO number to a PO on the PO sheet, the PO amount would decrease by the invoice dollar amount. 

Does this make sense?? And does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Comments

• Hello Meghan! It sounds like you're wanting a conditional move row (such that will move rows from one sheet to another), or possibly a form of the LOOKUP function that can look across multiple sheets—of which we have neither.

I know our Product team is hard at work on both features, but we don't have timeframe for when these will be released in the application.

In the meantime, you might consider looking at a service like Azuqua (https://azuqua.com/) that can facilitate a conditional move row for you.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Meghan,

Zapier (www.zapier.com) is a cheaper (and less functional) alternative to Zapier.

It will satisfy your use-case, I believe. I have something similar running using Zapier.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.