Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature request: auto sum of children (non system columns)

Hi,

In many cases we have columns with a sum of the childrens.

If we make some more subtasks and somebody forget to add the "=sum(children())" we miss the subtask in the calculations.

Is it possible to create a special column attribute to change a regular in a column like a system column, they can auto sum/calculate the values (duration column, complete column, end date column, ...).?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Isidor, not that I know of but you have asked and maybe someone has a suggestion? 

What I think I can help with is this.... 

When a new child row is added the = Sum Children autocalc will pick that row up along with all the others, provided it is correctly indented. So the quick way to test this visually is the Primary column vertically aligned or Zip the parent up and if there remain some rows "not Zipped" you have identified the missing rows. Indent them and Job done. Maybe check history to see who miss entered these rows and show them what to do? 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

This discussion has been closed.