Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

I want to put the Row# to the right of a gantt bar

Narlee
Narlee
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

This should be a no brainer, which apparently I am right now...:)

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/12/16

Hi Narlee,

The only way to get that right now is to add a column and input all the row numbers. Then in your Project Settings chose Timeline Display then Display label for. In the drop down list select the new column and that will be displayed on your gantt. Keep in mind you can only select 1 piece of data to display on the gantt line with each task. I combine several columns of data into the primary column with a formula to get all the information I need to see in my gantt and calendar.

Example: I want my job number, who is assigned and who the customer is to be displayed on my gantt and calendar so I concatenate those fields with a formula in the primary column and then use that column for my display column. The concatenate formula looks like this

=[Job Number]185 + "," + "  " + [Assigned To]185 + "," + "  " + [Assign To 2]185.

I hope this gets you started.

Peace!

• Thanks very much. Would like to request abililty to inclued system row # in formulas. It aids in the ability to read off the gantt chart. I like to use a concatenation column to label the bars with Row#, Task Name, Predessors. Much easier to follow graphically...would actually love to be able to put the predessors to the left of the bars and the successors to the right...

This discussion has been closed.