Expanding Reports from the Dashboard

steven.nienaber105336
steven.nienaber105336 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a dashboard widget that connects to a report that summarizes all of the unique projects in my department.  The report only shows the project name and the gantt chart timeline.  I want the executive manager to see this report but to also click on it if he wants more detail.  However, when he clicks on the report it doesn't show him the expanded information that I have on the projects as that's how I built the report. 

Question:  How can I create a report/view that shows on the dashboard only the project name and gantt, but then expands to the report details when the widget is selected?  

Tags:

Comments

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The report you show on the dashboard does not have to be the report you go to when you click.

First, create another report showing the expanded information you want the manager to see when they click on the dashboard report widget.

Edit the report widget on the dashboard and using Advanced options. Then select Open a Smartsheet item from the When this widget is clicked and select the expanded report from the list.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Thank you, that's excellent!  I appreciate your response.