Date/Time Stamp Option

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mommaduck We have a whole slew of time based solutions here:

There are currently 10 pages, so it may take a minute or two to scroll through and find the one you need, but I am certain there is at least one solution in there that accounts for going into another date.

• Chris Rolando
    Options

First off Paul, Thank you. You have been very helpful the past two weeks (without knowing it). I am working on a temporary solution that will sunset in just 30 days, but I still need it to work and this will help with other projects.

I have created a time sheet with an associated form. The techs in the field click one button to say they are starting work and another to end work. The sheet captures this information and ads a time stamp to the row. I have a column that extracts the time from the date time stamp. However, this morning I received an error and it has me flummoxed. The only difference is that one was PM.

The row where this tech signed out did not convert the time the way it was done below and above. It created that error.

This is the formula in that box. By everything I have read this should have worked just fine.

This is the formula that basically takes the AM/PM off (though I have not been able to figure out how to turn that into either military time or default to GMT without resetting the time on my sheet program (but that is a problem for another day).

Uh.. HELP!!!!

• MuhammadFar
    Options

Dear Smart Sheet Admin,

please Assist on the below Error ,when i am trying to use this code the time is Showing in Diff format

actually I need to show the time only instead of showing date and time together ,kindly assist on high priority basis .

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!